Total Page Views

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Digital Learning Day


When I set out to write this BLOG, it was with the goal of stretching myself beyond my normal boundaries with technology usage. I have always been savvy with technology, and I consider it a hobby of mine to learn everything I can about educational technology in all its amazing forms. But, I had never written a BLOG, and I felt that if I wanted to move my teachers forward in Digital Literacy, I should model the behavior I was asking of them...I should do something uncomfortable yet challenging and positive. So, the result is this BLOG, and tonight I am creating my 10th post. 

Because I am putting my self  "out there" and harnessing the incredible powers of social media, my district technology team has been extremely supportive. After reading my Cheetah Chronicle (something other principals call their Monday Memo) which contained an article about DLD (Digital Learning Day), several of our teachers signed up to participate in the National Digital Learning Day celebrations. The district technology leadership sent the local news media over to film our students interacting with the technology.

What you see here is the video they posted on the web and aired on our local news station.   I am so proud of our district, our school, our teachers, and our students. My vision for a global technology presence by our school is just beginning. I see the teachers who are excited about technology. I see how engaged their students are as a result of the embedded tech. tools and strategies that teachers are premiering in classrooms. Cherry Street is on its way to celebrating Digital Learning every day and not just one day a year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment